AZ SINT JAN, BRUSSELS - Belgium
Dispenser and E-Lock as an emergency cabinet.
"Most objectives have been achieved: reduction of the administrative work, reduction of mistakes due to wrong interpretation of prescriptions or when preparing the prescriptions."
Dispenser and 6 E-Lock cabinets + refrigerator locking system in the resuscitation department, controlled by PHARMALOGIC.DISPENSER.
For the pharmacists:
- Increased safety for the patients through checking of the prescribed medications.
- Full tracebillity of the medication
- Reduction of the financial losses due to fogotten invoicing
- Registration time reduction
For the nursing personnel:
- Time gain and reduction of mistakes in copying the prescriptions that have to be treated by the central pharmacy
- Increased safety of the medications due to a better checking by the pharmacy, joint manager of the cabinets and dispensers.
The implementation did not occur without difficulties, which is inherent in that kind of projects. After a relatively short adaptation period, all the users are convinced now of the advantages of the cabinets and dispensers.
Most objectives have been achieved: reduction of the administrative work, reduction of mistakes due to wrong interpretation of prescriptions or when preparing the prescriptions. In the future, there will be an additional advantage by the use of the electronic prescription.
Each morning, the nursing personnel takes from the cabinets all the medications prescribed for a determined patient. The medications are then brought to the patient's bed in a controlled way. The medications that have not been given are put back into the cabinet 24 hours later and stored in a drawer, which has been especially foreseen for them.